Monday, October 22, 2012

Hunting Trip 2

Well the 2ed weekend we went up we went for 10 days and I just love it when we go for a hole week. We just always see a lot then! On Sunday the 2ed day we were there we went to a ride like we always do on Sundays with the kids and we went up to this spot that we like to go just to see elk and we were just looking up on the hill in front of us and then I looked out my window (I was in the back set so my Grandpa could have that front) and I saw this
It took me a minute to figured out what I was looking at! Then all I could say was ELK ELK!!
Every one got out of the truck so fast and then she took off on us and there ended up being a cafe with her! Then...
This guy came out and I got some pictures of him. Normally with elk I just get pictures of there butts, but this guy let me get some pictures of him before her took off. That was the coolers thing because the kids got to see elk that were with in 80 yards or so. This kids just loved it.

After we done chasing the elk Seth, My Dad Jordan and Adam set down on the log and I just had to get a picture of them. They were spotting for elk up on the mountain, We didn't see anything 
When we got back to camp there was this lone sheep in our camp and the kids where having fun chasing it!
Seth told the girls he would take them hunting so we got them some Camo clothing and he put face paint on there face and took them 
here's KayLee all done 

And Carlie's turn and  her all done

I just love this picture of them together. They are just the best of friends and I love it!!
KayLee keep telling me to take a picture of her hand to so that she had paint on them too so I got one of each hand but I just put one picture of it on so I could have this down and so I would know how excited she was to go hunting with her daddy!!

And there go my little hunters. So after they left I had this thought that I should have gotten dressed and went with them but I was a little to late and they went and had so much fun with there daddy!! 

So as they where coming back to camp KayLee found this caterpillar. Seth said she found it just about a mile behind our camp and she would not put him down she carried him back all the way and just went slow. She was so in love with that thing it took us about 2 hr after she got home to get her mind off of it so we could go put it back in the woods where it need to be. But I did get some good pictures of her with it!!



She keep giving it kisses 
So on day one of our 10 day trip, We went down to the campground to us the rest room's and Seth went to open the back door of his truck and didn't know KayLee was leaning up against the door and out she came. I was standing on the other side and saw the hole thing and I flew around that truck so fast. I new for sure we where going to have to go in to town to get stitches but it didn't even bleed. I do think she had a little concussion with it she was trying not to trow up and she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open. but her eyes did look good so we didn't take her in to the ER in Soda I took this picture the next day so you could see it better. 
We went in to Aften Wyoming and they have this cool antlers arch and there was a bus of chinese people out taking pictures of it and Seth being Seth rolled down his window and was yelling at them " They aren't real They aren't real" So when we came back thew they where all gone and I had to get a picture just to bug Seth and yes he said it to me too. (he was talking about the elk in the center)
I brought up so stuff for the girls to do so they didn't get bored and they just had a blast with it! Here is some picture of them working on a pumpkin spider thing 






And them all done!!
And here is some pictures of them working on the spider one



This is Carlie all done with both of her's
And KayLee all done with here's
On Friday that week my dad radio down to us and said her had shoot one and that if the girls and I wanted to walk up to it this would be a easy one for them so the girls and I got ready and went with my grandpa up to go help my dad with his elk. The girls were so excited to go see it and to go help I have little girls that are big helper's and you know me I couldn't go with out my camera so I took pictures all the way up. 
They have all the water holes numbered so that way we know where exactly where everyone goes so if anyone needs any help we know where to go. This is one of the water hole and this is the one Seth took the girls to when her took them hunting that day! It is just go gorgeous up there and I'm just not the best picture taker but you can still see some what of how pretty it is up in Soda 


here is a elk foot print 

I love these two pictures! The one of the Girls and my Grandpa. The log was a little fatter down where my grandpa is sitting and he didn't have to sit on the ground to sit on it there. That is why he is not right next to the girls 
And my Girls just being them self's 
This is up where my dad got his elk you can see how thick it is in there!
As we were walking up to my Dad he radio down to us and said he couldn't find it. So when we got to him the girls and I sat down and they looked for him. My Dad had gotten hurt the day before so he was hurting bad and after he shoot he just sat down and didn't see what way the elk went. Seth was hunting in a different spot and he finally got where we were and and was helping trying to find him. I got up and tried to help with what I could with the girls we didn't know where my dads arrow was so we didn't just want them walking around till we found that, and they didn't want me to leave them. Also as were where walking up to help my dad my cousin radio down to us and said he had one down to and need help with is. He had gotten his where he need horses to get him out. So when we just could find my dad's my grandpa headed out to go help Chet and the girls and I and Seth stayed to try and help find my Dad's. It was getting KayLee's nap time and she was getting so cranky so the girls and I found our way out of the mountain by our self and them about an hour to two my dad radio down to us saying he had found it! It took him 5 hours to find him so it was a long day! He said he had hard him fall down and herd him die. He found him 35 yards from where the girls and I where siting. When my dad shoot the elk it took off one way and he thought it just keep going that way but it what it had done was circled around to where my Dad had seen him the 1st time. My Dad shoot at him  a 1st time and missed him and the elk took off on him but then my dad started to elk call and he came back down to my dad and that is when he got the 2ed shoot and got him! My dad had given up on finding him where it had been 5 hr from when he shoot him that the meat was going to be going bad if he didn't find him fast so he went to go see if he could find his 1st arrow and that is when he found the elk. 

This is the one my Cousin had got. He is a toad! 
My uncle Ed is filling him so he would know how big he was 

You can see how big he is with Chet's finger trying to go around the base of him's antlers  
And this little guy is my dad's well he not that little till you put him put to Chet's 
Every one looking at pictures 
This one is Chet's 
And my dad's in side of Chet's 
our two little hunter's 
my Dad is always proud of his kills and he should be. It has been 2 years from his last bow kill!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of your girls together with their paint on! SO freaking cute! It looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST! Way fun! Loved reading about it and seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete