Monday, January 21, 2013

New Family Room

When we moved in to our house 9 years ago we had a room in the house that was not finished and it use to be a garage that was being turned into some room and we wanted to do it as a Family room. For 9 years it was just a junk spot if we didn't know where to put it, it got put in the garage so it had a lot of crap in it all the time. It was also my laundry room as well but my washer and dryer were not together one was on one end of the room and the other was on the other end of the room. You can see all the junk in the room and my washer and dryer in the 1st to Pictures!

 
 I have been wanting to work on this room for so long but we had a cat and we had some issues with it using the littler box and Seth said when the cat was gone we could work on it. Well that cat go sick and needless to say we got rid of the cat and I could get my room done! YAY!! But then... he told me it would have to wait till his hunts are over before we can start so I told him as soon as he got his deer we had to start an the room will he got his deer the 2ed week went went hunting so then we could finally start on the room!! YAY again!!! Well the door going in to the room was WAY to small to get any big thing in when we got our new washer and dryer it took some work to get it in the door. So we talk to my Grandpa (he is excellent in this kind of stuff) about the door and her came over to see what it was going to take to make it bigger. So Seth and my Grandpa put the 1st hole in the wall to see what was behind it,
Then I got to put the bigger hole in it!! After we got a idea of what we were going to have to do we got everything out of that room and put in boxes and put down in our basement. 
A few days later what the 1st Saturday we got to work on it and Seth and my Grandpa started on the floor. We raised the floor about 6 inches do to the foundation coming up the sides of the walls for the garage. So to make it look good we just raised the floor to cover it up 
.
We had a cement step in to the room that Seth had to break out and of course I had to go to work so this is the only picture I got of him working on it!
The girls were so excited to help out in the room. Here is a picture of Carlie all dressed up to help 
after I got home from work this is what they had done! It is the start of the sub flooring 
After they got the hold room done it was time to put elation in the floor to help with some heat in the room 
Then I got to help with a little bit of putting the floor in place 
Well after the floor was all in we got to move to the next part which was the door!! here you can see Carlie in the door and how big we are going to make it 
And the New door! I was excited that they could save my wall in the kitchen!
We stilled had some work on the walls for pudding the walls and tapping so the girls where helping with that!
Then it came time to putting my washer and dryer together!! This is really what I have been waiting for, for 9 years. My Dad did help a lot with the room as well this is him and Seth putting them together. We had to move a lot of pips to move the washer over to this spot. 
Then Seth and my Grandpa made this new wall to close it off a little from the room so wasn't a eye sore. 
Then it came time to texturing the walls so we could start to paint 
Seth painting 
He did a lot of all the work I didn't help out as much as I would have liked he did a lot of work way I was at work and I had to try to keep kids out of the way when they where doing all the floor and heavy stuff. 
But I did get one of KayLee helping him paint 
After we got the painting done We put up the new ceiling fans that I have had picked out for about 3 years or so and let me tell you they were pricey and I was going to get something else but Seth new how bad I wanted them (because I haven't stop talking about them for 3 years) so he got them for me anyways! They are going with us when we move I do know that!
 Just look at them how could you not love them! Well I guess they do scram me and the tip of  girl I am 
Then come the floor I am in love with that too! it looks so nice!! 
Seth Brother Spencer and his wife Sara came down to help with the floor so way Seth and Spencer worked on the floor Sara and I pained the baseboards. We got a lot done that day Thanks to Spencer and Sara! (they might not fill like they did a lot but they were a big help)
Here's the floor done 
 and working on baseboards 
The room all done and we got it 100% done right after Christmas this is our new TV for the room we got for Christmas 
So I just had to add this last little picture at the end just so I had it but as you can see I have a black shirt on and he thought it would be funny to put hand prints on my boobs. He had been sanding on the walls getting them ready to texture the walls!!

1 comment:

  1. You finally got this post up! Yay! It's so cool to see the whole process and watch the room transform! It looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete